Farewell Heath



Director Shekhar Kapur spoke to Heath Ledger the night before he passed. Kapur has a wonderful tribute on his website:

"He made me promise that I would call him in the morning and wake him up. I tried. Little did I know that his soul had already left his body."

"In Heath I have lost a younger brother He was one the most gentle, the most honest, most caring and most compassionate persons I had met. And one of the most honest actors I worked with."

" I often told him that he had the ability to completely bare his soul in front of the camera, and all I needed to do was make sure the camera could look into his eyes, and through his eyes, the audience could clearly look into his soul," says Kapur.

"Farewell Heath. I always knew you had an ancient soul. I always said you had a wisdom beyond your years. And somehow I always knew that your spirit was too restless. Goodbye, my brother.
"

Shekhar Kapur via People

*Photo from a premiere in New York last November, by PR Photos