Schedule breakdown of April debuts & comebacks!
by lawlietta on April 1, 2010 FR:allkpop
Last month’s schedule breakdown seemed to be helpful for you readers, so we’re back with another list of debuts and returns that you should all keep an eye out for.
Without further ado…!
Rain – comeback album
- special album Back to the Basic scheduled to drop on Apr 7
- announced upcoming special album release via website Mar 15, confirms Apr 1 release & two-month-long promotions
- first Love Story MV teaser revealed on Mar 22
- Han Ye Seul confirmed to star alongside Rain for Love Story MV on Mar 24
- tracklist revealed on Mar 24
- title ballad track The Song That Will Get You confirmed on Mar 25
- second MV teaser for Love Story revealed on Mar 28
- 50-second Love Story audio teaser revealed on Mar 29
- album release & live comeback pushed back to April 7 due to naval ship tragedy & show cancellations
Lee Hyori – comeback album
- 4th album H-Logic scheduled to drop on April 8
- finishes recording album on Mar 2
- Apr 2 comeback date announced on Mar 24
- first concept photo & video teaser released on Mar 28
- tracklist revealed on Mar 31
- Swing audio & MV released on Apr 1
Secret – comeback mini-album
- mini-album Secret Time released on Apr 1
- confirmed comeback on Mar 21
- jacket photo revealed on Mar 23
- composers revealed on Mar 25
- Magic MV teaser revealed on Mar 28
- album release pushed to Apr 6 due to album design issues
- Magic MV released on Mar 31
- album still released on Apr 1
Secret - Secret Time (1st Mini Album)
Release Date: 2010.03.31
According to Secret’s label, the final-made product’s features like colors and its packaging in general were far off from the original design they sent to the factory. Although a huge risk follows in terms of production budget, they’ve decided to remake the album, therefore destroying over 5,000 copies that have already been printed.
This is not completely bad news, as the company also confirmed that the album will still be released online on the 1st together with the music video. Furthermore with music shows canceled en masse this week, it was just as well that Secret would make their comeback in the 2nd week of April instead.
01. My Boy
03. Spot Light
04. 알아서 잘해요
05. I Want You Back (Acoustic version)
06. 3년 6개월 (Acoustic Version
송지은Secret’s mini-album Secret Time released!
by BEASTmode on April 1, 2010
After an arguably long absence from the music scene, girl group Secret made their comeback with a bit of magic, literally. Undergoing a radical transformation from their debut image, the foursome unveiled their new look through the MV of their title song Magic, which was released earlier today.
It seems like their upcoming mini-album is no longer a secret anymore as all the tracks of Secret Time have been revealed for the public hearing.
Like their title song, Spot Light is an upbeat, pop song with addictive beats that will easily compel you to hit the repeat button. While Magic and Spot Light may have veered away from their usual genre of music, the talented quartet reminded listeners of their powerful singing abilities through slower and more mellow songs like My Boy and Do As You Please (알아서 잘해요).
Acoustic versions of I Want You Back and 3 Years 6 Months (3년 6개월) were also included, putting a different spin on their debut songs that retained the group’s soulful vocals.
Park Myung Soo – comeback track
- digital single scheduled to drop on April 5
- leaked (by the man himself) on Mar 31
2NE1 – comeback album
- full album for 2009 officially delayed on Oct 24
- Apr 1 statement announced April comeback (see third section)
Chung Lim – comeback mini-album
- 2nd mini-album Show Up scheduled to drop on Apr 6
- MV teaser to be released on Apr 1
Concrete Information TBA:
Son Dambi – comeback album pushed March comeback to April
Davichi - announced comeback
Seo In Kook – album scheduled for April release
Ivy – digital single scheduled for late April release
Rainbow – producer Steven Lee reveals that 1st album in the works
2PM - announced April album on Jan 6 (may be a single; possibly postponed)
MBLAQ - announced upcoming second single release via website on Mar 15
Baek Ji Young – comeback single
Uhm Jung Hwa – comeback
SHINee – comeback album
Dok2 – comeback
May: Wonder Girls, SS501 (May 1), Brown Eyed Girls, Super Junior
August: BoA (Aug 25)
Misc: Se7en (May/June), Gummy (spring/summer), Big Bang (Taeyang: spring/summer, group: summer, TOP, Daesung, Seungri: fall/winter)
I’ll be following the comments on this article, so if I’m missing anyone or if the above info is incorrect, make sure to leave a comment below. April is definitely going to be a pretty hefty month for kpop fans and I’m pretty excited with this line-up… what do you think?