GOSSIP: 2011 CFDA Fashion Awards - The Show, The Winners


Toasting the finest in fashion, the stars were out to support their favorite designers and collect accolades at Monday night's (June 6) 2011 CFDA Fashion Awards in New York City.

Held at Lincoln Center's Alice Tully Hall, Lady Gaga was toasted as Fashion Icon of the Year, of which she said upon receiving, "I can't believe I'm allowed in here. My sister is here with me tonight. I told her I was very nervous."

The Billboard topping singer continued, "I used to save up my money to buy Mugler vintage archive. I used to save up all my money. I had to have it. That's really what fashion is all about for me. I already felt like I had made it before I had made it. All of you made me feel like a star before I was. Thank you for believing in me."

As for the big winners, the title of Menswear Designer of the Year
 was bestowed upon Michael Bastian while the Womenswear Designer of the Year
 honoree turned out to be Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez for Proenza Schouler.

Drawing plenty of star power at the event dubbed as Fashion's Oscars, lovely ladies were on hand including Victoria's Secret supermodels Alessandra Ambrosio and Miranda Kerr - with Miss Kerr accompanying designer Michael Kors for the evening while also joined by "Twilight" star Ashley Greene.
With Jessica Alba, Gerard Butler, Naomi Watts, Kirsten Dunst, the Olsen twins, Whitney Port, Shenae Grimes, Kanye West, and numerous others on hand - the event was certainly a star-studded affair.

 Whitney Port

 Alessandra Ambrosio

 Ashley Greene

 Chloe Sevigny

 Doutzen Kroes

 Emmanuelle Chriqui

 Gerard Butler

 Jessica Alba

 Kanye West

 Katie Cassidy

 Katie Cassidy

Kirsten Dunst

 Lady Gaga

 Liv Tyler

 Lucy Liu

 Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen

 Naomi Watts


Meanwhile, the complete list of winners from the 2011 CFDA Fashion Awards is as follows:

Womenswear Designer of the Year

Nominees: Alexander Wang, Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez for Proenza Schouler, Marc Jacobs
Winner: Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez for Proenza Schouler

Menswear Designer of the Year

Nominees: Michael Bastian, Patrik Ervell, Simon Spurr
Winner: Michael Bastian

Accessory Designer of the Year
Nominees: Alexander Wang, Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez for Proenza Schouler, Reed Krakoff
Winner: Alexander Wang

Swarovski Award for Womenswear
Nominees: Joseph Altuzarra, Ashley Olsen and Mary-Kate Olsen, Prabal Gurung

Winner: Prabal Gurung

Swarovski Award for Accessory Design

Nominees: Alejandro Ingelmo, Eddie Borgo, Jason Wu, Pamela Love

Winner: Eddie Borgo

Swarovski Award for Menswear

Nominees: Alexander Wang, Phillip Lim, Robert Geller

Winner: Robert Geller

Geoffrey Beene Lifetime Achievement Award

Marc Jacobs

CFDA Board of Directors Special Tribute
Arthur Elgort

Fashion Icon Award
Lady Gaga

Eugenia Sheppard Media Award

Hilary Alexander of The Telegraph

Eleanor Lambert Founders Award
Hal Rubenstein of InStyle

International Award
Phoebe Philo for CĂ©line