GOSSIP: Angie Harmon Opens Up About Mommy Guilt In Good Housekeeping’s July Issue


Angie Harmon, actress and mother of three (Finley, 7, Avery, 6, and Emery, 2), sat down with Good Housekeeping to chat about motherhood and marriage in their latest issue.
On working in L.A. on her show “Rizzoli & Isles” while her family is at home in North Carolina:
“I’m a mess. I’ve lost 10 pounds since I got here. This is the hardest time in my life, for sure.”
On mommy guilt:
“When I feel like I’m not doing what I am supposed to as a mother, I will torture myself,” she says. “I don’t know how to deal with it. I find some consolation in the fact that all mommies feel it. If there was a way to cure mommy guilt, I would bottle it and be a bazillionaire.”
On moving to NC to raise her daughters – and not regretting it a bit:
“It breaks my heart that I don’t see my daughters every day, don’t get to hug them and brush their hair,” Harmon admits.
But she’s certain they are in the right place:
“There’s a church on every corner as opposed to just a Starbucks.… The people are just a little nicer—more real.”
On her 10 year marriage to Jason Sehorn:
“He’s like a steady tugboat,” she explains, “while I bring on the shock waves.” “As time goes on, [I love] the different discoveries you make about each other. You think you know that person inside and out, that you know every single inch of that person, and then you find something new.”

imnotobsessed