GOSSIP NEWS >> Kate Upton: Esquire's Woman of Summer 2011!


Having made a name for herself thanks to her Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue appearance and her viral video "The Dougie," Kate Upton has added to her increasingly impressive resume by being named as Esquire's Woman of Summer 2011.

The 19-year-old blonde beauty posed for the popular magazine while talking about a range of topics including the world's fascination with breasts, being labeled as a bikini model and her top picks when it comes to swimwear.

Highlights from Miss Upton's Woman of Summer 2011 interview are as follows, and be sure to visit Esquire for much more!

On the appeal of breasts: "I don't really know what the appeal is about... boobs. But I do know that when I was in junior high, I used to be made fun of — for being flat-chested. Everyone would go, "She's not pretty! She doesn't have boobs!" So I always had boob envy. And when finally I went through my growth spurt, and they appeared, and I just... I loved them. So that's why I like boobs, because I didn't have them, and then I got 'em. So I dunno what the appeal is for you --"

On her thoughts about the possibility of being labeled as solely a bikini model: "Yeah, but I do have a bikini body, and I'm proud of it. So if I get pegged as a bikini girl, that's fine, and that can still translate into acting or other areas. But, no, I don't wanna be doing bikini shoots my whole life."

On her favorite bikinis: “I like my bikinis very small, and I also like, uh, nude-colored bikinis because people double-take - they think I’m naked on the beach. [Laughs a sinister laugh.] So if you see someone in a nude bikini that’s extremely tiny, it’s probably me.”




 Photo Credit: Kenneth Cappello and April Hubal for Esquire